Germany is closer than you think!
Learn everything you need to know about studying
in Germany and get end to end expert guidance from us.
Turn your Study Abroad Dream to Degrees Abroad in Germany
Germany is closer than you think!
Learn everything you need to know about studying in Germany and get end to end expert guidance from us.
Turn your Study Abroad Dream to Degrees Abroad in Germany
Why Study in Germany From Nepal?
For those seeking international education, Germany has become a top choice for Nepalese students. Home to some of the best universities in the world, this country offers more than just quality education; its multicultural environment and affordability make living there an attractive prospect. Plus, with its stunning scenery and vibrant nightlife, it truly is the perfect destination for any student searching to study abroad.Varied Course Options to Choose From: From engineering to the humanities, German universities provide a wide range of educational opportunities that make them one of the most sought-after study destinations. Research is highly emphasised in these institutions, allowing students to participate in groundbreaking research projects and academic studies. Whatever your preferred field of study is, you are sure to find an appropriate programme in this country.
Improves Communication and Language Skills: When considering studying abroad, Germany is an ideal destination for enhancing your communication and language abilities. Not only do many universities provide programmes taught in English, but taking the initiative to learn German while residing in the country can lead to a much richer experience. Knowledge of this language has numerous advantages, from improved employment opportunities within Germany itself to increased job prospects with German companies or within Europe as a whole.
Makes You More Employable: Known for its powerful economy and diverse range of international businesses, studying in Germany can be hugely beneficial to one's employability. The universities in this country are famed for their combination of practical experience with theoretical knowledge, and there are usually several collaborations with industry partners available to those enrolled. Furthermore, owing to a shortage of skilled professionals in certain areas, finding employment after graduation is much easier. This all makes it a highly desirable destination when seeking work prospects after completing studies.
Focuses on Skill Building: When it comes to higher education, Germany is known for its focus on practical skills and hands-on learning. From internships to industry placements, many programmes incorporate real-world experience into their curriculum in order to give students the competencies they need to stand out in the job market. Such an approach not only provides students with technical know-how but also ensures that they have a solid foundation upon which to build successful careers.
Enhances Your Network: Living and learning in Germany provide the perfect platform for cultivating an international network. People from all over the world come to study in this country, offering you a chance to gain insight into different cultures. This experience can help broaden your horizons, boost intercultural understanding, and lay the foundations of long-lasting relationships, both personally and professionally. Networking while in Germany may also be instrumental in opening doors to new career opportunities and potential collaborations outside of your time as a student.
|Key Facts for Studying in Germany|
Cost of study
€5,000 to €20,000 per year
Source of funding
Scholarships, part-time jobs, savings, sponsorships, and student loans
Bachelor's, Master's, and PhD programs, as well as specialised degrees like Diplom (mostly in engineering)
September/October and March/April
Short-term/Schengen visa (C Visa)
Benefits of Studying in Germany for Nepalese Students
Studying abroad is an increasingly popular option, and of all the potential destinations, one stands out: Germany. Over the years, there has been a steady growth of foreign students living and studying in this nation, with more than a 40% increase from 2014 to 2021. So why is it such a go-to choice? Here are some of the top reasons:
- Low or No Cost of Education: International students would be wise to consider Germany for their higher education, as the country's public universities provide free or low-cost tuition. This makes obtaining a Bachelor's or Master's degree incredibly achievable and affordable.
- Choose From Top Ranked Universities: German universities are globally renowned for their quality education and often rank among the best in the world, providing you with a world-class education that can open doors for career growth.
- Scholarships for International Students: Various scholarship providers, such as DAAD, offer financial support to international students in Germany, making education more accessible and affordable.
- Affordable Living: The cost of living in Germany is relatively affordable compared to other countries, and students have various options to manage accommodation costs, such as living in student dorms or halls or sharing apartments with friends.
- Endless Work Opportunities: Germany offers plenty of work opportunities for international students, with top companies in various industries actively recruiting graduates. Staying and working in Germany after completing your education is encouraged.
- Extensive Focus on Research: German universities emphasise research and offer state-of-the-art facilities and collaborations with research institutes, providing opportunities for students to engage in cutting-edge research.
- Travel Europe on Student Visa: By obtaining a student visa in Germany, you are gifted the opportunity to journey around Europe and discover various cultures and historical locations while furthering your education. The EU provides a vast collection of countries for you to explore during your stay!
Popular Courses to Study in Germany for Nepalese Students
Engineering: Germany is known for its strong engineering programmes, offering a wide range of disciplines such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, and automotive engineering. These programmes provide students with a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge and practical skills to excel in the engineering industry.
Computer Science and IT: With Germany being a hub for technological innovation, computer science and IT programmes are highly sought-after. Students can explore areas like software engineering, data science, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and game development. These programmes equip students with the necessary skills to thrive in the rapidly evolving tech industry.
Business and Management: Germany has a strong business and economic landscape, making it an attractive destination for studying business and management. Courses such as business administration, international business, marketing, finance, and entrepreneurship are popular choices among students looking to gain business acumen and expand their career opportunities.
Medicine and Life Sciences: Germany boasts excellent medical and life sciences programmes. These courses include medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, biotechnology, molecular biology, and genetics. German universities are known for their cutting-edge research and state-of-the-art facilities in these fields.
Economics and Finance: Germany's stable economy and strong financial sector make it an ideal place to study economics and finance. Programmes cover subjects like macroeconomics, microeconomics, financial management, banking, and international economics, preparing students for careers in finance, consulting, and economic research.
|Field of Study||Courses/Programs||Average Tuition Fees (per year)|
|Engineering||Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer-related specialisations||AUD 30,000 - AUD 45,000|
|Commerce and Management||Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing, International Trade, Administration||AUD 25,000 - AUD 40,000|
|Information Technology||Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Data Science, Cybersecurity||AUD 25,000 - AUD 40,000|
|Healthcare||Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, Allied Health Professions||AUD 30,000 - AUD 55,000|
|Accounting and Finance||Accounting, Finance, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA)||AUD 25,000 - AUD 45,000|
|Hospitality and Tourism||Hospitality Management, Tourism Management, Event Management, Hotel Administration||AUD 20,000 - AUD 35,000|
Top Universities to Study in Germany for Nepalese Students
Germany is home to several top-ranked universities that offer high-quality education and research opportunities. While rankings may vary depending on the criteria used, here are some of the top universities in Australia based on global rankings and reputation:
|University of Munchen||Mechanical Engineering||4 years|
|Karlsruhe Institute of Technology||Automotive Engineering||3 years|
|RWTH AACHEN||Biomedical Engineering||4 years|
|Master in Applied Data Management||1.5 years|
|TUM School of Management||MBA||2 years|
|HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management||MBA||1.5 years|
|BA in Humanities||3 years|
|University of Hamburg||BA in Communication and Interdisciplinary Arts||3 years|
|Ludwig-Maximillian University of Munchen||BA in Social Thoughts||2.5 years|
|University||Courses||Average Tuition Fee (Approximate)|
|Berlin School of Business and Innovation||Business Administration, International Business, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Digital Business||€10,500 - €11,500 per year|
|EU Business School, Munich||Business Administration, International Business, Marketing, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Digital Business||€14,800 - €18,000 per year|
|GISMA Business School - GUS||MBA, International Business, Finance, Marketing, Project Management, Human Resource Management, Data Analytics||€12,500 - €28,000 per program (varies by program)|
|GISMA University of Applied Sciences - GUS||Business Administration, International Business, Finance, Marketing, Operations Management, Entrepreneurship||€12,000 - €26,500 per program (varies by program)|
|IU University of Applied Sciences||Business Administration, International Management, Marketing Management, Finance & Accounting, Hospitality Management||€11,000 - €14,000 per year|
|University of Europe for Applied Sciences||Business Administration, International Business, Media and Communication Management, International Relations, Sports Management||€8,000 - €12,000 per semester|
Contact AECC and get Free assistance to Study in Germany today!
Requirements to Study in Germany for Nepalese Students
To understand how to study in Germany, you must also understand the admission requirements for different courses in Germany:
- Before enrolling in a program, make sure you meet all the necessary educational requirements.
- For example, an undergraduate degree may require a high school diploma, while a master's degree requires a bachelor's degree.
- Carefully review the prerequisites to ensure you meet the requirements for admission to the university and individual courses.
- If you are considering academic programs taught in German, you will need to demonstrate your language proficiency.
- This can be done through tests like the TOEFL and IELTS.
- If you are taking a program taught in English, you may still be required to demonstrate your English proficiency.
- Some universities or study programs may require you to take specific admission tests.
- This could include the TestAS (Test for Academic Studies) or the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH).
- These tests are designed to assess your academic ability and German language proficiency.
- Prospective students must demonstrate they have enough money to cover both tuition fees and living expenses in order to study in Germany.
- This can be done by providing bank statements or an official letter of sponsorship.
- International students must have health insurance for the duration of their stay in Germany.
- There are two options available: public health coverage or a qualified private policy.
- Proof of applicable insurance must be provided for either choice.
Documents Required to Study in German Universities
You are expected to meet a few requirements to Study in German Universities. Though there can be minor variations in the criteria, depending on the university you apply to, most of them will be asked for. They are as follows: -
- Completed application form
- Academic transcripts and certificates (translated into German or English)
- Passport or identification documents
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letters of recommendation
- Proof of language proficiency (German or English)
- Financial documents (bank statements, scholarship letters, or sponsorships)
- Health insurance coverage proof
- Passport-size photographs
Statement of Purpose
- Crafting Statement of Purpose (SOP) for Germany advanced degree program
- Communicate motivations for pursuing advanced degree in Germany
- Detail academic background, professional goals, and strengths
- Explain alignment of chosen university and field with aspirations
- Express enthusiasm concisely
- Vital for effective SOP creation
English Language Proficiency Test:
- Essential to have adequate English language proficiency when applying to university
- Standardized tests like TOEFL or IELTS commonly used for assessment
- Evaluate reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills
- Other tests might be accepted based on institution's requirements
- Verify language test prerequisites before submitting application
Intakes to Study in Germany for Nepalese Students
Universities in Germany typically provide two primary intakes for foreign students:
For international students, universities in Germany provide two distinct options for enrolling: the winter semester and the summer semester. Let's take a look at each one in more detail:
Winter Semester: The winter semester starts in September or October. It is the primary intake for most programmes and attracts a larger number of students. The application period for the winter semester usually begins around April or May, and the deadlines vary depending on the university and programme. It's advisable to check the specific deadlines for each university and submit your application well in advance.
Summer Semester: The summer semester starts in March or April. However, it's important to note that not all universities and programmes offer a summer semester intake. The application period for the summer semester typically starts around October or November, and the deadlines also vary. It's recommended to verify if your desired programme has a summer semester intake and the corresponding application deadlines.
|Winter Semester||April/May - Varies by university and program|
|Summer Semester||October/November - Varies by university and program (not available for all programs)|
Cost of Studying in Germany for Nepalese Students
Acquiring knowledge is a right that everyone should have access to. In Germany, they hold the belief that it shouldn't be commercialised, and because of this, in 2014, the government made all academic programmes at public institutions free. This was done to guarantee educational equity as well as stimulate economic development. Additionally, international students are not required to pay tuition fees, thus making the country an attractive option for studying abroad. Furthermore, immigration processes are hassle-free for foreign students too.
- Tuition fees at public universities are generally low or nonexistent for both domestic and international students.
- Administrative or semester fees range from €150 to €350 per semester.
- Living expenses range from €800 to €1,200 per month, covering accommodation, food, transportation, and daily expenses.
- Health insurance is mandatory, with public insurance costing around €100 per month.
- Additional expenses include study materials, extracurricular activities, and personal expenses.
- Costs can vary based on location, lifestyle, and individual circumstances.
- Scholarships, grants, and part-time employment can help offset expenses.
Student Visa to Study in Germany for Nepalese Students
There are three types of student visas available for studying in Germany:
German Student Visa: This is the standard visa for international students who have gained admission to a recognised German university and are prepared to begin their studies in a university programme in Germany.
German Language Course Visa: If you plan to study a German language course in Germany, you will need this type of visa. It is applicable for the duration of the language course and enables you to pursue language studies in Germany.
Scholarships to Study in Germany for Nepalese Students
International students who wish to study in the country of Germany will be pleased to learn that there are a multitude of scholarships available. From government organisations, institutions, and other sources, these scholarships can provide financial aid for those interested in educational opportunities. To give an overview of what is offered, here is a summary:
DAAD Scholarships: One of Europe's leading scholarship programs for international students is offered by Germany's German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). This organisation provides an extensive range of grants and financial assistance for those wishing to pursue studies at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels in a variety of disciplines.
Erasmus+ Scholarships: Erasmus+ is an EU-funded programme that provides scholarships for students participating in exchange programmes, joint master's degrees, or internships across European countries, including Germany.
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships: The opportunity to support international students studying at the master's level in Germany is being provided by an organisation that awards scholarships. Selection criteria are based on both academic excellence and an individual's dedication to social and political involvement.
Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarships: Aspiring students from around the world can take advantage of an incredible opportunity with the Heinrich Böll Foundation. This organisation offers scholarships to those who exhibit great academic and personal accomplishments as well as a dedication to environmental, social, and political causes.
|DAAD Scholarships||Varies||Undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral|
|Deutschlandstipendium||€300 per month for one year||Merit-based, domestic, and international|
|Erasmus+ Scholarships||Varies||Exchange programmes, joint degrees, internships|
|Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung||Varies||Master's degree, academic merit|
|Heinrich Böll Foundation||Varies||Academic and personal achievements, commitment to social issues|
Cost of Living in Germany for Nepalese Students
Studying in Germany? Here's a snapshot of what you might spend:
What: Costs vary by city and housing type.
How Much: £300-£600/month (NPR 45,000-90,000).
Food & Groceries:
What: Depends on your diet and where you shop.
How Much: £150-£250/month (NPR 22,500-37,500).
What: Efficient public transport including buses and trains.
How Much: £40-£80/month (NPR 6,000-12,000).
What: Mandatory for all students.
How Much: £80-£120/month (NPR 12,000-18,000).
What: Books, stationery, and other academic tools.
How Much: £50-£100/semester (NPR 7,500-15,000).
What: Personal expenses, leisure, and more.
How Much: £100-£200/month (NPR 15,000-30,000).
|Expenses||Average Amount in GBP||Amount in NPR (Approx.)|
|Accommodation||£300 - £600||NPR 45,000 - NPR 90,000|
|Food and Groceries||£150 - £250||NPR 22,500 - NPR 37,500|
|Transportation||£40 - £80||NPR 6,000 - NPR 12,000|
|Health Insurance||£80 - £120||NPR 12,000 - NPR 18,000|
|Study Materials||£50 - £100||NPR 7,500 - NPR 15,000|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||£100 - £200||NPR 15,000 - NPR 30,000|
These basic steps can prove to be effective to ensure you get to live the best experience whilst your time of Study in Germany. Need more information? Feel free to Connect with AECC - Your Study Abroad Expert, Today!
Post-study Work Opportunities in Germany for Nepalese Students
- Stay up to 18 months to find a job related to your studies.
- Work full-time during this period.
- Live and work in Germany.
- Faster route to permanent residency.
- Can bring family members.
- Need to meet certain criteria.
- For those wanting to start a business or work independently.
|Job Field||Average Annual Salary (EUR)|
|Engineering||€50,000 - €70,000|
|Information Technology||€45,000 - €65,000|
|Business and Finance||€45,000 - €70,000|
|Medicine and Healthcare||€50,000 - €80,000|
|Science and Research||€45,000 - €60,000|
|Marketing and Sales||€40,000 - €60,000|
|Architecture||€40,000 - €60,000|
|Consulting||€50,000 - €80,000|
|Education||€35,000 - €50,000|
|Hospitality and Tourism||€30,000 - €45,000|
For more information or clarity on any of the topics mentioned above, you can contact AECC, who have dedicated and experienced professionals to provide you with the latest information and give you complete assistance in any process you may need help in your application process to Study in Germany and our services provided are for FREE.
Frequently asked questions
Germany is a great choice for Nepali students due to its world-class education, affordable tuition, and strong job prospects. Many courses are in English, and living costs are reasonable. After graduation, students can work in Germany or explore careers across Europe.
GPA requirements in Germany vary by university and program. While they look at overall academic performance, language skills, and recommendations, some undergraduate courses might require a minimum GPA of about 2.5 out of 4.0. However, certain programs might have stricter GPA criteria. Always check the university's website or contact their admissions for specific GPA details.